Tuesday, May 19, 2009

movie night


I like Netflix, but sometimes we pick movies on our list that we might not otherwise watch and then end up really disappointed.  Like last night for instance, we tried to watch The Bank Job.  We watched 5 minutes of it and i had to turn it off.  I should have known since I had to skip over the very first scene.  There was so much flesh and I am so not comfortable with that.  No matter how good the movie might be otherwise, I just can't watch it.  I used to hate it when we would be young and watching a movie at our house when my Dad would walk in the room and hear or see something that offended him and he would turn it off, no questions asked.  
Those seemed like such harmless movies back then, but in this day and age it seems so different.  I remember when I was 13 and at a basketball camp, I called home to ask my mom if I could watch Dirty Dancing with the team.  I sure hope my kids are that sensitive to what goes before their eyes.  As I have gotten older, you would think I could handle more, but I think I acutally tolerate less.  
Like the old song goes, "Oh be careful little eyes what you see..."

No comments: