Thursday, May 22, 2008

Red Letters

When I left my girls group this morning, I felt Inspired and Empowered!!  I hear alot about Women's Empowerment and it usually is referred to Women having "control" or "power" over someone or something else, "ownership".  But, my empowerment came when discussing with other women, how we can give of ourselves and be a blessing to the less fortunate.  By helping to offer a hope and a future to a child with no parents, or a woman with no food, by being able to offer Christ to the poor, orphaned, or widowed, That is where Christ Empowers Us. It is beyond ourselves, where we need to live.  The Book Red Letters, has really made me want to look at life differently.  It makes the statement about Matthew 25 and how " God closely identifies himself with the poor." The author says "He (Christ) is the poor."  It makes me take off my "sunday school" eyes of me being the Christ to someone else, and instead, allows me to see Christ in others and prods me to ask myself, how I can serve Christ in that person.  The author quoted Richard Rohr from the book From Wild Man to Wise Man...."I would say that if you only think about Jesus, "believe" Jesus and believe things about Jesus, not much new is going to happen.  It is the risk of "acting" like Jesus acted that reconfigures your soul.  we are converted by new circumstances much more than by new ideas.  Or as I like to say, we do not think ourselves into new ways of living, we live ourselves into new ways of thinking."

WOW
I pray, Lord, that you will let me not choose safety anymore, but be a risk taker for your Kingdom, and pursue your heart found in Matt 25: 41-45.  "Whenever you failed to do one of these things to someone who was being overlooked or ignored, that was me-- you failed to do it to me."  Not to us, Oh Lord, but to you be all the Glory.

No comments: