These recipes are light and easy and great to serve at any party. Especially a DeTOX SPA Party
Thanks to Martha Stewart.
Lighter Chocolate Cinnamon Pudding
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- White- and milk-chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Whisk cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add milks, whisking. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Whisk in chocolate; cook until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute.
- Divide evenly among six 4-ounce cups. To prevent a skin from forming, press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Serve garnished with chocolate shavings and cinnamon sticks.
Fresh Fruit Spritzers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Fresh seasonal fruit, such as 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon, 6 cups cubed honeydew melon, 6 cups cubed cantaloupe, 6 cups cubed mango, or 4 1/4 cups raspberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Sparkling water, or club soda
- Put sugar and 1 cup water into a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Puree fruit, syrup, lemon juice, and salt in a blender. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl. Refrigerate until cold, at least 30 minutes (up to 2 days).
- To serve, fill 8 medium glasses with ice; pour 1/2 cup puree into each glass, and top off with sparkling water. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.