Thursday, August 12, 2010

Grace

Psalm 67:1-3
" May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us that your way may be known on earth your saving power among all nations.
Let the peoples praise you, O God. Let all the peoples praise you!"


Our new house

When in San Diego, my friend, Linsey, explained grace as "receiving what you never knew you needed." This is where we are at in life right now. We are relying on God for our needs, some we know about and most that we have no clue about. He has been gracious enough to bless us with a place 3,000 miles away that still feels like home. My friend J'Aime, says that God has "opened wide the arms of CA to greet us with a great big hug." I have always loved hugs....most certainly hugs from God.
It has been a long road traveled to get to this point, both figuratively and literally. We were nomads for one month and one week living out of suitcases and invading other people's space. By the end, I most certainly needed a great big hug from God.
A year ago when we thought we were pregnant, one of the girl names we thought about was Zoe. Mainly because it meanse Life. Max Lucado explains Zoe as "NOT life extensive, but life intensive..........life as God planned it." (taken out of his book John 3:16)
Somewhere on the road between Fl and CA, I realized that God has already given us Zoe in this new life journey. It is and we pray it will continue to be the life that God has planned. It's the life I never knew I needed.......Grace!
In this grace giving period, may it never be about us or what we have received, but may it all be about the Grace Giver! He is our ultimate blessing and prize! That is why I love Psalm 67:1-3 because it recognizes that the whole point of the blessing is so God's way may be known on earth His saving power among all nations.
AMEN

With that said, I wanted to share some recent pictures since we have been in our new home:

Mike and i got to enjoy a delicious birthday dinner with friends


chocolate banana stud cake I made for my birthday
(yes that is a trash bag in the lower left corner, i was multi tasking by emptying the trash and taking photos at the same time )

before (blue) after (chocolate raspberry)












kids about to enjoy a dinner in their tree house (they were smiling on the inside)

the tree house and play area in the backyard




2 comments:

Art Teacher said...

The message in church today was about Grace...I love this post! I keep singing .."your grace is enough, I'm covered in your love..." I love, love, love, the new house. I think your new room looks great! It's nice that the owners are letting you paint!

Anonymous said...

I like most that you called me friend. :)looking forward to reading more along the journey.....