Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Blog Worthy Day

Yesterday was a day worth writing about.

First of all, my youngest son Owen, went on the big boy potty all by himself, YAY!!!!!!
In the morning, he was on his motorcycle rocker (stark nude) when all of a sudden he jumped off, ran in the the bathroom saying, "bathroom, bathroom, bathroom."  He sat down on the potty and said, "Com'n out" and I asked if it really was because he has said that before.  He stand out and says, "yah, see!." And there is was,  oh man if you could have seen the glee on his face, especially when his big brother came in to see and started clapping for him.  I was so proud that he initiated it all on his own.  Let's hope diaper changing duty is over really soon.

I rode my bike to work yesterday.  It is something we are trying to get in the habit of doing.  Since Mike has to ride his bike to work everyday, because we only have one car, I thought that I could do it on Tues and Thurs.  SO i the 7 miles by myself in the morning and we ride home together after work.  My mom picks the boys up at our house, brings my change of clothes to work as well as doughnuts or bagels for the maintenance crew, and we get there for break time to hang out with daddy and the men.  I wonder if this is why Caeden always thinks he needs a break when he is pretend working?   So if you are ever on 41 around 3:30 pm, look for me in my pink helmet riding south and slower than my husband.

While on the internet yesterday I came across an affordable, homemade, customized superhero cape for C and for O.  I really want to purchase them
It is from this Etsy site.  

Before the kids left the campground, Caeden got Tree sap stuck in his hair from doing a head stand on the cement pad across from the office.  We have gotten some of it out with rubbing alcohol, but it was not easy or tear free.  I will try to attempt it today with hopes of not having to cut his hair.

Last night my mom and I had a great time holiday baking.  We made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread, 2 loaves of banana bread, 1 pumpkin pie, choc. chip cookies for the boys, grandpa, and daddy, pretzel jello salad, and Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.
It is a Martha Stewart recipe and I am excited to tasted it today!  We get to eat Thanksgiving dinner Today and Tomorrow.

I am thankful for: A God who is Tender, and Loving and doesn't give up on me.  A husband and kids that love to laugh and make memories with me.  Friends that care enough to ask about my relationship with Jesus. A church that leads me to live out worship.  Holidays that make us reflect.

I am thankful when: I lay down at night and cuddle with my husband about how I wouldn't want to be with anyone else ever.  When my kids see their daddy and run up shouting, "Daddy" with their arms open wide.  When my parents tell me their are proud of me.  When my sisters and i get to be together.  When my kids think I am funny.  When my attempt at new recipes turn out delicious.

Why I am thankful: Because I am unlovable, but loved; unworthy of salvation, but saved; Because even though all the world around me is chaos, My God shall supply all my need according to his riches in glory.


Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: