Monday, March 28, 2011

What God did

About two years ago I posted this terrible news. On top of losing my job that day, that doctor also billed us for $2000.
We have been making minuscule payments for some time now, but haven't made much of a dent in the total amount.
On Saturday, I opened what i thought was the monthly invoice from Dr. S. only to see last month's check had been returned and someone had hand written "PAID IN FULL".
There was a small sticky note attached and on it was written,
"your account has been paid in full, please do not call our office."

My mouth still wants to drop open at the thought of our debt being cancelled.
There is no explanation other than to say......God did this.

Isaiah 41:20 says, "see, know, consider, understand that the hand of the Lord has done this."

In reading through Isaiah, this is some of what God does:

God calls us by name
He made
He created
He stirred
He heals
He equips
He leads
He restores
He reveals
He revives
He goes before
He pours
He keeps
He gives NOT his glory to another
He forms
He guards
He declares
He speaks
He loves
He comforts
He covers
He answers
He helps
He redeems
He strengthens
He upholds
Isaiah 46:4 "even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and I will save.


and our response to his good work in our lives: (also found in Isaiah verses)
We wait
We call upon His name
We listen and give attention
We turn to be saved
We rejoice
We proclaim with Joy
We publish peace and salvation
We glorify
We say "Our God Reigns"

"Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other."
Isaiah 45:22

He works, we Praise!
Hallelujah






2 comments:

Vicki chandler said...

That was awesome Mel! Part of my reading today was Isaiah 43:1-3.... In these trying times in our lives, I am reminded of his love and everlasting faithfulness in our lives. Don't know if you've ever heard of Evelyn Underhill, but she's said this, " if God were small enough to be understood, he would not be big enough to be worshiped."

Thanks again for sharing!

Art Teacher said...

This is amazing! I love it! Miss you friend!