Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Playing Hooky (and landing on the moon)



"Can't we just play hooky today," were my first words spoken this morning. For various reasons, mornings have not be my most energetic time of day. Caeden was up a few time during the night last night with a sore throat, and since I didn't want to get out of bed, playing hooky seemed like a great decision.

Next thing I know, he comes bounding into the room, asking to get to school early.

Bummer.

On Wednesdays Owen and I usually attend Bible Study. I was getting ready to leave the house, but due to my "ditch the schedule" mood already, it didn't take much for me to find a reason to stay home.

Owen loves to play, in fact he never wants to do anything else, but he especially loves when Mom and Dad take time to role play with him. Dressing up and playing the part is pretty easy with his imagination, especially since he tells me exactly what to do.

Staying home to play astronauts today was quite a treat for the both of us.

And when C got home from school, he made a jet pack too and joined in the fun.

At the time, I didn't even realize the lessons Owen was learning about recycling until I heard him tell his brother, "we turned old things into something new." The jet packs were made out of used cereal boxes & caps found from the recycle bin then covered in tin foil.

My house is still trashed with remnants of forts turned into rocket ships and a whole mess of toys.

Making memories with the boys is usually messy, but always well worth it.

Playing hooky has never been this much fun.

1 comment:

Art Teacher said...

So fun, I wanna come play at your house!