- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup sliced almonds ( i used choped)
- 1 cup shredded coconut, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ ( i used flax seeds)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey ( I used 1/3 maple syrup and 1/3 cup honey)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed ( I ommitted this)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup cups dried fruit
- i also added a handful of chocolate chips but it made it way too sweet
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 9 by 13-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
Toss the oatmeal, almonds, and coconut together on a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the flax seeds.
Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
Place the butter, honey,maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add the dried fruit and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before cutting into squares.
I placed them in an air tight container.