Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bah Humbug


When in a clothing store by myself, my kids can be hard to handle. They get bored and want to hide in the clothes and run around. It gets stressful at times. However today, in Banana Republic, my kids were doing well. I prepped them before we went in and reminded them that we were entering a store and not a playground. So when the grinch herself walked by and told me to get my kids under control, I was so shocked and felt like decking her. The boys happened to be standing where she wanted to walk and the store was crowded. But they weren't jumping off the furniture or running around or causing ruckus, just happened to be in her way.
I said "excuse me? rather loudly and told her that was really rude." She never turned around to look at me. UGH it still fires me up, how people can be so rude!
Just had to get that off my chest.

What calmed me down, was finding my new coat in the store for over $200 off the original price and even getting cash back from my return!

We tried to get a serious family picture on Christmas Eve, but the kids had other plans, so Mike and I followed along with what they were doing. When you can't beat 'em...join 'em kind of thing!

Merry Christmas to all!
well, except, Bah humbug to the rude lady!

3 comments:

J'Aime Gray said...

I love the Art Teacher's comment. lol funny. And I too can appreciate having a good day with two boys in a store and still having someone look at you like you are the worst mother and your kids are the spawn of Satan himself. Good for you for speaking up! Hopefully she felt to stupid to turn around and answer you. :)

Jill said...

I am to the point in life that I am becoming a "flipper"...a Christian bird flipper...it is getting out of hand. But that is what I would have done. So there, mean lady!

Amber Wheeler Spatola said...

geesh, i just now read this. i would have pushed her down.