Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

What we have learned in 2010

1. Pursue God
This year started off with us reading, Don't waste your life by John Piper. What an inspiring book to live up to. Its impossible not to waste every moments of every day, but overall, this year in the life of our family has not been wasted. There have been so many lessons along the way, but I keep coming back to the most rudimentary, Pursue GOD!. Nothing else matters.

2. Obey God
Obedience is not easy, just ask my kids. God has proven Himself faithful. Who am I to ever tell Him no.

3. Read to learn
last year's New Years Resolution was read one book a month for 2010. I read 14. The best resolution I have every made and kept. The books were challenging, enlightening, inspiring, encouraging, and educating. However, not so sure that I can pick a favorite, they were all so good in their own way.

4. Security isn't everything
Our family left every secure thing in our life, and have shed many tears over it. Fear is a powerfully defeating thing! If your faith is in anything other Christ the Rock, failure is imminent. Over and over God shows us how he Never Fails! We are overwhelmed with His goodness.

5. California food rocks
It is the FRESHEST. I am hooked.

6. Eat Organic
Omnivore's Dilemna opened my eyes to the world of Organic living. I am thankful that Organic food is so accessible and relatively afforabdle in our new town.

7. God provides
Over and Over and Over again.

8. Living in community can't be forced
I cried in all 3 church services that we attended in our home church during Christmas vacation. How I miss our home community of believers and I wish that I never took it for granted before. It's only been 6 months, but we are not connected out here yet and it hurts.

9. Life is hard
Nothing about this year has been easy. But I would not change the lessons we have learned. We are closer as a family because we are living life's struggles together, helping each other grow, and learning to love through it all.

10. My new year's resolution for 2011..........Plant a Vegetable Garden


Happy New Year

2 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I love this post!

Jill said...

My Melba, my heart breaks for you. The highs and the lows of what you are doing are so real, relatable, and spiritually empowering! Cannot wait to hear about this journey.