Sunday, April 19, 2009

What I am loving this spring


1)  Boys Easter Shirts
from the Etsy shop, Supersweetcreations
I love their Easter shirts so much.  I saved them in the closet for weeks until the day before Easter when we went to Woodsmoke to take Family Pictures.  The t-shirt is from Americal Apparel and super soft and the tie hand-sewn on the tee.  

2) Spring Scarves
In Philly, the attire was so much different than Fl.  Granted, the weather was much cooler, but I would love to dress in scarves, hats, and boots all the time.  It makes for such a cute wardrobe. 
 


3) Anthropologie
Seriously, I have never spent so much time in one store. 
 The Anthropologie in Philly was 4 stories.  It was wonderful, browsing with no kids.  We spent hours and hours in there.  I tried on a lot more clothing and wish i would have bought a really cute vest, but I did find a great deal on my new hat and apron.  If only, I had as much money to spend as I did time during that weekend get-a-way.




4)  Williams Sonoma Jungle Animal Pancake Molds
Well, I have tried these molds twice.  First time, I made them a little too runny.  Second time, I used a different batter than what the recipe called for.  Luckily, I have kids that will eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and don't care what they look like.
The molds come in the shape of a lion, monkey, and elephant.  And I just couldn't pass up on the adorable lion spatula.


5)  New Salt and Pepper Shakers
Our salt shaker that I received as a wedding gift has broken, so naturally when one finds sleepy elephant salt and pepper shakers for 4 bucks, they have to be purchased.



6) A new season for a big boy bed
This is the bedding I got on sale at Target for Owen's new bed.  
The bed is now the box below, just picture a mattress inside.  It will eventually be a loft bed, but until that is finished, Owen is sleeping in his rectangle box on the floor.  The crib is officially moved out of the room.  So nap-time and night-time have been interesting lately. 2 out of the last 3 days, there has been continuous refusal of nap-time, coming out of the room, playing in the room, and if he weren't so darn cute, i would really be more upset about it.  I have been exhausted during nap-times lately, but it is a learning process for us all.




7) Crudite/Hummus/Edamame
My luch with my boys has been enjoyable lately.  Not that I don't always enjoy it, but instead of eating the traditional sandwich with them, I have been fixing myself a veggie tray with pita chips, and hummus; ok, a little bit of ranch dressing for dipping too.  It definitely sits better in my stomach than grilled cheese.
I also love love love, Edamame. Owen does too as you can tell from the picture.

8) Peanut Butter Bumpers
This cereal is fantastic.  We can't keep the box in the house for very long.  It is from Mother's Natural Cereal and we find it at Target.  Not only is it tasty, but it is all natural and sweetened with molasses and honey.

8)  Spending time with my Mom and Sisters.
Unfortunatley Hope couldn't join us on the trip to Philladelphia, it is too bad, because we had such a great time laughing, reminiscing, shopping, walking, riding in stinky cabs, and more shopping.  I am so blessed to have such wonderfully encouraging and God-fearing women like my mom and sisters.  It is hard to know that with Amber in Italy and Heather in Argentina our family togetherness with be miniminal.  When family trips do happen in the future, Italy and Argentina are pretty cool places to travel to.







No comments: