Wednesday, September 17, 2008

8 years

Mike and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary on Sept. 16th.  I really do love being married to him, he is my best friend and has been for 14 years.  We absolutely love hanging together.  


On Monday our family and my parents drove the Ives family ( my sister) to Miami airport so they could fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina.  It seemed like the drive took forever for some reason.  By the time we got there it was around 6 pm and we hadn't eaten lunch since 11:30 am and my Headache was increasing by the second.
At the airport there is only one little sandwich stand by the check-in counters.  All the other restaurants are after the ticketed passengers go through the metal detector.  So that was a bummer because we were planning on eating dinner all together at the airport.  I got the kids a sandwich of which they only at the bread and a banana.  We had to say a quick Adios to the Ives gang, my parents took the kids to Mc Donald's in Miami then made the drive back to our house and Mike and i got to have an over night date.

We stayed at this hotel called The Palms, on Miami Beach.  After we checked in my headache was even worse and i was feeling sick to my stomach.  We tried to drive and find a restaurant, but parking in South Beach is Terrible!  We drove and drove and i was feeling worse and worse.  We finally paid $10 to valet park outside of Jerry's famous Deli.  I ordered and when the food came I excused myself to the bathroom to "upchuck", as my grandma used to say.

So basically we paid about 20 dollars to park and order a meal that i never ate.  I felt bad for Mike. I think he liked his burger, and he was happy that Monday night football was playing at the restaurant.
No partying on South Beach for us, i went back to the hotel and fell asleep right away.  The next day was much more enjoyable, We went to the beach and pool and shopped at Sawgrass Mills and Ikea.  Despite the frustrating sickness we still had fun just being alone.  Happy 8 year anniversary to us!



No comments: