Traveling with 4 adults, 2 kids, and 1 dog is not for the faint of heart.
Thank God we are in a motorhome (towing our car)
Highlights from this week:
1) Had a wonderful time with Mike's family in Asheville, NC.
2) Ate dinner with old friends in Nashville, TN and in Searcy, AR.
3) In Oklahoma City, we visited an urgent care, and found out that Owen has a double ear infection. During our trip to the urgent care, Mike and my dad took Caeden to the Cowboy Hall of Fame. Thank God for Wanda & Bob (my brother-in-law Brad's parents). They fed us a delicious dinner and to die for homemade banana ice cream and chocolate sheet cake. I felt more comfortable taking Owen to a doctor recommended by people we trust.
4) In Amarillo, Tx we ate at The Big Texan. Home of the 72 oz steak. If you choose, you can eat it all in 60 minutes and then it is free. Otherwise it costs $72.
5) Haven't used a tent yet. Mike and I have been sleeping on the fold out couch (and the kids on the fold out table). Last night we placed the air mattress on top of our little bed for more comfort, but apparently it had a leak. I chose to laugh instead of cry :)
6) Tonight we are eating a Cowboy BBQ at the campground and our country music entertainment is a worn out old cowboy with a deep voice who dons a patch on his right eye.
Should be a great hoedown :)
Tomorrow......the Grand Canyon!!